Sunday, January 18, 2009

For some reason, I felt drawn to checking this blog several times today, and now I know why! I'm so glad to see you around these parts! And glad to hear about your momentary return to childhood. That is so great to find, especially in the middle of this cold winter. After several days in below freezing temps, I appreciate what an incredible feeling of release and renewal must come with the spring.

So, how are we all doing in our relationships with inspiration? I would love to know how this month has been for all of you. I am inspired by both what we will celebrate tomorrow (MLK day) and for our new president! Ojala haga el cambio necesario.

I wanted to update you all on the things that I'm excited about for the new year. First, I have pretty much stopped drinking caffeinated coffee..if any of you remember my intense coffee addiction, you will recognize what a feat this is!! The first week was ROUGH, but I actually feel better now. The second thing that I'm excited about is that I will be helping out at an organic farm in the area once a week! It's run by a really awesome lady, and I'm super stoked because I get to learn everything from the beginning of the season thru the harvest. The third thing is that I decided to run a half marathon in April! I started training a few weeks ago, and my foot is really screwed up right now, so we'll see how that goes. But regardless, I ran 4 miles yesterday, which is kind of a personal record. It feels good to do what you never thought you could. We are more capable than we know, ladies!

1 comment:

  1. This is totally amazing EM! thank you for sharing. This is really inspirering indeed. I am so impressed with the running. that is bad ass. running is good. i used to hate it but somehow i started to like it as an adult. i will look forward to hearing how the rest of your training goes. and the garden! That's great. sounds like you have planned some really soul nourishing things. you have inspired me! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete