Monday, January 19, 2009

Wherever you want to go, there you are

I suppose I have been drawn to checking our blog alot recently as well. Not sure why,
maybe because I love you all and it makes me happy to feel a little nit more of each other's lives with the distance.
   That sounds like a great opportunity Em. The farm will be such a good way to take quiet time and be out in the sunshine... once it comes back.
   Ellia- one of my favorite days from last year (2008) is when we went snowshoeing in the winter wonderland of your backyard. It probably becomes just a part of your life landscape that you are familiar with, but you are so lucky my dear. There is magic on the land. I am sure of it.
     I found a little magic yesterday in my own body. I was running on the indoor track at the school gym, which was tiring and liberating.    
     The magic is that I remembered I am in charge of my brain- no one else. If I don't like where  I am, what I am doing, or how I feel then I can change it. So, I wanted to be running on the river trail running at Wilson. I closed my eyes and I was there. I pictured every rock, fallen tree, river cane, cow, buckeye and sycamore tree. I ran the trail in my head with my eyes closed (opening every once in awhile to avoid running into walls and people) for a few laps.
This visualization was very powerful and positive for me and left me feeling much more
content and in control. It is easy to forget the power of the mind.
    No matter where we are in the world we can be where ever we want to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment