Sunday, January 11, 2009

pie inspiration


So at christmas my sister, Michaela said she was going to bring Apple PIe. when I heard this my reaction was: BORIIIING! Michaela is a great cook and usually brings along such delicious things as feta torte which consists of layers of feta, pesto, sundried tomatoes and pine nuts all shaped into a heavenly mound and ready to be spread on crackers. so you can understand my disappointment when she was bringing the boring, old, america, apple pie.

My mind and heart were changed however when i tasted this apple pie... oh my dears... and this is why i am bringing it to you. It is the BEST apple pie i have EVER tasted. I am not sure what makes it so amazig but it is delisious and satisfying in the same way a good apple pie is but, it is not too soggy or too sweet, not too dry or tasteless. it is perfect in flavor and texture and sweetness. Try it here. Michaela peels and cuts the apples into quarter inch slices which also made it amazing. it has a crumb topping so its kinda aple crisp esque but REALLY it is a pie unto itself and not a mere crisp. It is heaven.

I made one myself this evening. We'll see if mine is anywhere near as good as hers. I will let you know. Now that I have told you all about it my mouth is watering and I must go have a piece right now! Indulge this week, ladies and try this pie!
So, after tasteing my pie (it is not as good as Michaela's but still a fine pie) ...i would suggest you add 8 C of apples rather than the 6C suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment